Straight4 Studios have an exciting opportunity for a Gameplay Programmer to join our fully remote development team. Our ideal candidate is a skilled Gameplay Engineer with expertise in C++, a strong passion for their work, autonomy, and a demonstrated history of success in videogames development.
Design and implement reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code. Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards. Take ownership of features and work with the feature owner to produce key game systems.
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Ability to architect systems effectively
- An enthusiasm and passion for games
- Knowledge of gameplay code and systems
- Working knowledge of AI, physics, animation systems, and UI systems
- Strong communication skills across disciplines
- Proven experience as a Gameplay Programmer in the gaming industry
- Proven commercial experience within the videogames industry
- A degree in computer science or equivalent
- Strong mathematical and 3D programming skills
- Familiarity with multiple engines, both proprietary and off-the-shelf
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Proven history of “shipping” one game or more
- Experience working on a racing game